Wednesday, August 04, 2010

"Rock On"

Rock On 2676 "Rock On"
©David A. Ziser

I must say, I think I'm taking a chance  posting this image. At first glance you'll notice that we have a small issue with "motion blur" on the main subject, the bride. But is it a really a problem? Does it really capture the moment? I think so and that is why I posted the image. When you see the camera specs, you will notice that the light was really dim and my inevitable 1/30 second shutter speed just was not quite that fast to stop the action. But, was it adequate to "capture the moment? I think so and so did the bride as this image was selected for for her wedding album. Once again, the  action, rich colors, and excitement capture a great "party moment" for my client. Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark II fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 12mm, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 6400. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! David Ziser isn't perfect! Whew!! I feel so much better. I just assumed EVERY image you shoot was properly exposed, everytime. I mean how do you do it? This may be my favorite image of all times.

    No kidding - I love the blog and really appreciate the time you take sharing your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great post David for the simple reason that sometimes capturing the moment is more important the being technically perfect. Not every picture at a wedding is a portrait. Sometimes photographers can get caught up in the tack sharp perfect light and forget to capture the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you posted this picture David. Why, because you don't have to delete all the technically flawed shots. If the composition and viewpoint is great, like this one, then the couple may include the photo in their album and it does not have to a large size spread so at least the blur does not show up.

    I'd be interested to know if you gave the couple this photo knowing it had some motion blur?

    ReplyDelete