Friday, August 13, 2010

"Sunset Smiles"

Sunset Smiles - 0233a McGrathP02

"Sunset Smiles"
©David A. Ziser

So, what happens when the mother of the high school senior you are photographing comes along for the shoot? The easy answer is to plan on including mom in on a few of the shots, right? Well, that was my Plan A, but mom didn't want her photograph taken because hair and make-up issues.

Time to go to Plan B, don't show the hair and lack of make-up. That was my suggestion during this shoot. We had the dazzling sunset so why not just do a quick silhouette of both mother and daughter?

After a few test shots, and letting mom see the back of the camera, she was thrilled with the results! Needless to say, we did deliver a few "mother/daughter images in the final order. The gorgeous sunset sure didn’t hurt either.

Camera specs: Nikon D1x fitted with Tamron 28-105mm F2.8 lens at 58mm, F 2.8 @ 1/80 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! - David

1 comment:

  1. It´s beautiful..=) I would love to try that one day...
    These days I´ve been trying out some of the things you taught me via your book. I love your book!! =) (captured by the light) As soon as I start to read in it, I can´t get away from it for some hours, -only if I HAVE to. So THANK YOU for making that book!

    I was supposed to try some of the things out in my first wedding-shoot just some weeks ago, but there was to little time to try out stuff, and there was a film-crew hanging over me all the time too, so I guess I should be happy just to get some pictures..=)

    ReplyDelete