Friday, August 27, 2010

"Wide Angle Wonderfulness"

0001-Wide Angle Wonderfulness-IMG_4720-Edit

"Wide Angle Wonderfulness"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I created from Wednesday's session. I love the contrasting colors in the image. I bounced the warm light of the setting sun off of my new SUNSPOTZ reflector. By balancing out the warm tones on the bride's face parts of the rest of the scene not receiving the warm light shifted to the cooler tones.

I think it works in the shot because the extreme wide angle view yields a very unique image. The combination of the two effects plus the sunbeams in the distance presents a very usual bridal portrait. Light from my SUNSPOTZ reflector, camera left, reflecting back the warm sunlight in a very narrow light pattern onto the bride's face.

Camera specs: Canon. 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16 super wide angle zoom lens at 8mm, F 5.0 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi David. Gorgeous image! I'm interested in attending the Captured by the Light tour in Phoenix in a few weeks. I cannot access the registration page for some reason. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canon will be coming out with an 8-16MM f4 lens shortly.

    ReplyDelete