Thursday, August 05, 2010

"In The Shadow Of Your Smile"

In The Shadow Of Your Smile

"In The Shadow Of Your Smile"
©David A. Ziser

I really don't pose the bride and groom this way anymore, but you know what? It's still a beautiful portrait study of the couple. I have to say, I love how this images turned out. It's classic Monte Zucker. The cool thing about the shot is the fact at it is pure window light, nothing more, nothing less. Remember, it's always about discerning the direction of light, then orientating the subjects to the light for that classic loop lighting pattern. Remember too, you can control the contrast on a window light portrait by simply moving your subjects away from the window as the ambient light intensity remains the same. Give it a little practice and you can travel really light and leave the flash at home. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted sit 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! -David

5 comments:

  1. I just watched a couple of your videos on kelbytraining.com in the past couple of weeks. I really enjoy how you share your knowledge of portrait lighting and seeing the light to best pose the bride and groom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely gorgeous.. Beautiful shot David,Beautiful light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have learned many things from this great man / photographer. I still try to mix this type of image into my technique whenever I can. I realize most brides say they don’t like posed shots but it’s not surprising when many purchase the classic images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photo, I remember I saw a similar one several months ago and it immediately brought my attention. I enjoy this one very much too. Thanks for sharing David. Jiri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo. How you've filled the whole frame with them making it so intimate.

    I saw this in your Captured by the Light book and put a mental note to self to try a framing like this.

    Can I say that now that I have read your book, it is one of the BEST I have read and I have over 20 wedding related books. You have written it perfectly on how to capture those shots and your writing style is great and inviting.

    Thanks for all your hard work David, keep it up! Oh, and this is fast becoming my favourite blog!

    ReplyDelete