Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"A Private Moment"

Private Moments - 0069

"A Private Moment"
©David A. Ziser

I love digging back into my image archives. Back in the day, film days that is, I was heavily involved with ProShots, one of the most innovative image preview/organization/presentation/ordering systems ever developed. I've been showing my photography to my clients as slides since 1982.

That means I have a positive image of every negative I've shot for 28 years. Those positive images changed to film scans in 1997. It's those film scans that are stored on our archive drives at the studio. That's what so cool about looking through my archives. It's fun just to see how my style has changed and how some images simply have a lasting quality that is always timeless.

Anyway, this image was from ten years ago a few months before we went digital. This was a beautiful wedding in the country. One of the highlights of the shoot was the bride's parents home which was finished in white and pastel tones. That made the background for a series of beautiful pastel portraits.

This image was made after we finished shooting. The bride turned was walking away, paused for just a few moments. I turned, saw the moment, and grabbed the shot. The soft, pastel feeling of the surrounds, the bride's quiet moment all combined into this special image. Camera specs: Hasselblad 503C fitted with 50mm Distagon, F 5.6 @ 1/100 second, Kodak Vericolor 800 film (best recollection). Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi David, gorgeous shot! I had just recently discovered your blog and am blown away by the quality of your work! Keep it up! A quick question about this shot above, with all the bright tones and reflective surfaces, do you remember having any problems metering properly back then (especially in exposing for details in the bride's dress)? Any tips you could recommend for this scenario?

    Thanks,

    jj

    ReplyDelete