Monday, August 09, 2010

"Indiana Abstract"

0001-Indiana Abstract-IMG_4124-Edit

"Indiana Abstract"
©David A. Ziser

This image is from one of my "drive by" shootings I made on the way home on Saturday as we passed the wind farm I mention below. I like how the partial view of the wind turbine in the foreground invites the viewer into the rest of the image.  On it's own, this was a fine snapshot of the wind farm. I began "playing" with it in Lightroom 3. After a few tweaks, I still wasn't sold on it. I took the image into Photoshop, cleaned up the background and the horizon lines. This helped the composition by bringing the viewers attention directly to the wind turbines. It was slowly coming together. Pulling the Clarity slider all the way to the left, softened the tones and added what looked like a hot summer mirage shimmer to the image. That was it. Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm lens at 70mm, F10 @ 1/500 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. While I think this is a very nice "digital painting" style photo (for lack of a better descriptive), I've got to point out that it's not really an abstract.

    Just sayin' :)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete