Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lots Of Hugging Going On

Group Hugs Everybody-Chpt10 Pt05-013-1859-DZ_Klingenberg

"Lots Of Hugging Going On"
©David A. Ziser

Since my topic for today's Technique Tuesday is about posing large groups, I thought today's daily image post should be the same. This image is from a wedding I photographed a few years ago. It was a great wedding, great fun couple, lots of excitement, lots of time during the day scheduled for photography equaled some awesome images. By the way, it's the wedding featured in the last chapter of my wedding book.

Anyway, we took a lot of photographs that day. We had very large groups to work with, and we had to work fast. After arranging the 22 people in the wedding party, I made several exposures to guarantee that I had everyone's best expressions.

Now the fun really begins. I asked them to give each other a giant group hug. I keep calling for them to get tighter and tighter. The group's reaction always results in a fun/spontaneous photograph - the more you call for them to hug tighter the expressions just keep getting better and better!

Camera specs: Canon 1D Mark III fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 40mm, F 5.6 @ 1/100 second, ISO 640. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment