Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Designer Portraits – A Cool Photography / Photoshop Tutorial

Good Morning Everybody,

Banner - MeganWhew! Yesterday sure was a long day but we made it through and are just as bust today. LaDawn worked up about 10 new banners for the CBTL tour.  She designed everything in Lumapix:FotoFusion, added her Swirls and Twirls, polished the images and they look great. They are coming off the Canon iPF 8100 printer as we speak and they look marvelous.  Here is a peek at a few of them right here.  

Designer Portraits: Designer Portraits – A Cool Photography / Photoshop

OK, I have to admit, I’m taking an easier way out with today’s Technique Tuesday.  I’m post a “blast from the past” but I love it.  Today’s video is one of those rare little gems not seen by many people, yet I love the tutorial lesson.

Banner Outdoors Here is the back story.  I have a client who was having a Bat Mitzvah for their daughter.  The theme was “Winter Wonderland”. Now when you throw a themed party, it’s nice to have the guest of honor show in the context of the party theme.

OK, it’s summer in Cincinnati, Ohio; the weather is hot, yet the party theme is cold and wintry.  How can I capture that wintry feeling in the banners I planned to create for the party.  It sounds like a job for iStockPhoto and Photoshop.

I scheduled a shoot with my 13 year old Bat Mitzvah girl.  We would do the photographs in her mom and dad’s home in an area that provided a nice white background.  I added a light to the background to be sure I could easily isolate her in my Photoshop section of the project. We did several winter clothing changes and got some great shots.

Next I headed to iStockPhoto, nabbed some great winter scenes and graphics and began the process of marrying the stock photos with my shots.  The result was really fun and exactly what the client wanted. 

Hit the PLAY button below for the rest of the story - I think you will love it.
_________________________________________________________
Banner PillarHey gang, that’s it for me today.  I know I’ve been rushed these last few days so thanks for hanging in there with me. Our KPPA Webcast [link], Photoshop World [link], and the CBTL tour [link] in two weeks have us gasping for a bit of air. BUT……

Like Scott Peck said, “Life is Difficult...”; like Eric the Viking said, “If it doesn’t kill you, it will make you stronger”; But then like Bobby McFarren said, “Don’t worry, be happy...”.  I’m hangin’ with Bobby today ;~)

Have a good one and a happy one everybody - see ya’ tomorrow.
-David

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the banner tutorial. My favorite part was seeing how the banners were actually used at the party. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tutorial Can't "Believe your Eyes" but having a problem with the selective fill portion. I am using CS5 64bit.Any suggestions??

    John M CPP
    ESP Studio

    ReplyDelete