Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Posing Large Wedding Party Groups

Good Morning Everybody,

PSW 10 Well, things are hopping around here as usual today. In addition to wrapping up the tour details today, we shift gears and start revving up for Photoshop World in two weeks. Can you believe it, only two weeks away! One of my programs is entitled "Lightroom for Wedding and Portrait Photographers".

PSW Book The teeny little issue that popped up as we instructors were meeting our deadlines to get our program synopses turned in for the giant program book you see at the right Adobe releases, you guessed it, Lightroom 3. So that meant working up several additional new demos and content for the program.

I’m nearly finished with them and they are pretty cool so I hope you stop by. Anyway, like I said - a little busy around here so let's get on with today's Technique Tuesday. Here we go...

Posing Large Wedding Party Groups

Posing large wedding party groups during a fast paced wedding can sometimes be daunting and for some photographers, maybe a bit unnerving.  During the wedding, you have about 35 minutes to capture the bride and groom together, (especially if they have selected not to see each other before the ceremony) all the family groups, and bridal party photographs.  Throw in a 20+ person family group or an extra large wedding party, and you better know exactly what you’re doing to get the best shot with great expressions and do it FAST!.

In this tutorial, I’ll walk you through several images covering several large group situations and show you how we successfully arrange and photograph these super sized groups quickly, efficiently – and get the shots the clients love.  I’ll show you how to light the group, pose the hands, position the legs and feet, and get the best expressions every time.

Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show!

__________________________________________________________ Hey everybody, I'm calling it a wrap for today and getting back to my real job. I'll plan to see everybody tomorrow.

See ya' then, David

6 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to why you prefer having your light on your right side which results in the bride being flat lit. Typically it's preferable to light the bride from the left so the light skims across her gown for more detail. Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips David. But the off-camera flash seems at 5 o'clock not 4 though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video David. I appreciate all the work you put into each post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Information, I will be using this information on my next wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m really glad I came to your web site seeing that I’m shooting a wedding this Saturday. Your video has a lot of great information that I will definatly use. But I think I have to agree with Rob (who has a very nice web site himself) about the whole 4”oclock” 8 “o’clock” thing. The brides dress does seem to get blasted out a bit plus if you shoot from the 8”oclock wouldn’t the shadow from the bouquet get thrown on to the groom instead of the brides dress?

    ReplyDelete