Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick Hit Monday: WPPI, A Visit To Matt’s Place, Crash Is At It Again

Good Afternoon Everybody,
With a 4 a.m. wake up call and a program at 8:00 a.m. should justify the late post. Anyway, we arrived safe and sound in Las Vegas yesterday morning, got settled and checked out the trade-show a bit. I put some finishing touches on my presentation which I presented bright and early this morning. Thanks to my DPT readers that showed up and said HI. I spent a few days last week scouring my hard drives for images for the program going back to 2000. It was cool to see some of the images I so much enjoyed taking over the years – I’ll share a few with you guys and girls this week. Anyway, I found a few tidbits on the net over the weekend I thought you might enjoy. Here we go…

My WPPI Program This Morning
Whew! Blogging during a convention makes things a bit busy for us lonely bloggers. It was fun and funny to see a Bloggers Hot-Spot set up outside the program rooms with fellow bloggers blogging away. I'm going to swing by during the show and see what up. I'll keep you posted with any interesting news.

Anyway, the program went great today. Yep, that's me getting fired up at about 8:30 in the morning. These two photos were taken by a good friend and excellent photographer, Larry Weaver from Louisiana. THANKS! Larry. About 800 photographers showed up to hear my new program on lighting. Another thanks to fellow blogger Kerry Garrison from CameraDojo.com fame for attending my program and sticking around to sayHI.

What's cool for the speaker - yours truly - was that everybody was locked to their seat till the end. I was test driving content for my Digital WakeUp Call tour - here is the tour link for all the info again. It looks like I hit a "sweet spot" with this morning's attendees who seemed to love the topic and the program - my sincere thanks to all that attended. We are kicking off the tour March 30 right after Photoshop World and yes, a lot of the lighting techniques will be covered. Remember, you can save $20 on registration by entering code DWCDPT09 - a steal of a deal.

Heading Over To Matt's Place
On a completely different topic, I have to tell you that you can never go wrong heading over too Matt’s place - FlashFlavor.com. Matt Adcock is a master of his lighting and it is always a joy to see what he’s been up to lately. I haven’t been there in a while so it was a real pleasure to catch up seeing his latest images and checking in on his latest posts. You have to check out his wife's Sol's best images of 2008. They will blow you away! Head on over to Matt’s place today and give a peek. Here is the link.

Crash Lands Another Great Interview
Crash Taylor has his continuing series of interviews going on too – always a pleasure to read. This week he welcomes Jeff Ascough . Jeff is considered one of the best wedding photojournalists in the world. I’ll tell you, his work is a bit edgy capturing the wedding day emotions in a unique way. Go check out Crash's interview with Jeff right here. Crash is a frequent commenter on this blog too. I’ve contacted him about doing a pod-cast for DigitalProTalk – we just need to get it scheduled – hopefully in the next few weeks. I’ll keep you posted.

Hey gang, that’s it for me today. It was a late night and a very early morning for LaDawn and I. We are heading back to the convention and check out what's new, improved, different, and exciting. Be sure to check back for Technique Tuesday filmed on location in beautiful Las Vegas. See ya’ then. -David

2 comments:

  1. David, it is great that you're getting the tour put together and finalized. I expect to attend either the El Paso or the Albuquerque NM event. ANd I look forward to it. Since I found your videos on KelbyTraining.com and then did a search for more info and found DIgitalProTalk.com I have learned a lot about lighting. Some that I plan to try out myself when the time is right. Be safe and have fun in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, it is wonderful that you still have time for us lonely blog readers. Thank you always putting the time in educating for us and sharing with us. Have fun in Vegas.

    Will

    ReplyDelete