Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Wednesday: Analysis Of A Wedding Shoot - Father/Daughter Dance

Good Morning Everybody,
Good News!
My 2009 tour "Digital WakeUp Call - A New Dawn" web site is nearly ready to launch - hopefully by the end of the week. I'll let you know the minute it does. We are putting finishing touches on the site and ads today. Things are pretty exciting around here. I did have time to sneak in one more episode of my Analysis of a Wedding Shoot - enjoy the read.

Analysis Of A Wedding Shoot - Father/Daughter Dance
Some of my favorite, and some of the most important images to capture at the wedding reception, is the bride dancing with her father and the complementary series of images of the groom dancing with his mother. I know, as a father this would be the highlight of the wedding for me. Watching your little girl grow up over all those many years and then seeing her as a woman marrying the man of her dreams has to be a wonderful thrill for any father. And sharing this thrill with his daughter on her wedding day has to be even a bigger inspiration for him. There are always smiles and sometimes tears and hugs, all of which need to be captured as part of the series. I have a regular routine that I use when photographing this series of events for my clients. It's a routine I follow every wedding to be sure that I have a great series of images of both the bride dancing with her father and the groom dancing with his mother.

Hit the "Read More..." for the rest of the story and pictures.

Let me walk you through the steps and share with you what I'm looking for as I look through the viewfinder of my camera to capture those images.

1 -- The band most often will announce that it's time for the bride to dance with her father. With that announcement the bride will make her way to the dance floor sometimes with her father and sometimes not. We need to capture whatever is happening at these early moments of the dance too – don’t miss them. 2 -- Early in the dance I try to grab one coaxed candidate of the bride and her father dancing. This would mean that right after the dance begins I would approach them easily and ask both of them to look into the camera give each other a hug.

3 -- In the opening moments of the father/daughter dance the bride and her dad, most of the time, share reassuring, loving words with each other and there are some great expressions to be captured at this time.

4 -- As the dance precedes, the comments between the bride and her father many times become a bit more reminiscent of the bride's childhood and, at this point many times you can see a tear or two well up in the eye of either the bride or her father. For me, I'm going to zoom in close on their faces and be sure to capture those wonderful expressions.

6 -- As the song reaches its end, be sure that you are ready for what will invariably happen at nearly every father daughter dance. As a last note is played the father and the bride will hug tightly with each other, maybe kiss, maybe a dip of his daughter and maybe hold each other for a moment or two. Don’t miss this – it’s a wonderful opportunity to capture some treasured expressions and great shots of these wonderful moments. Hey everybody, that wraps it for me today. I'll see everybody tomorrow for Business Day Thursday: Wedding Inquiry - How To Get All The Info You Need. See ya' then. -David

No comments:

Post a Comment