Monday, February 02, 2009

"A Father's Special Moment"

"A Father's Special Moment"
©David A. Ziser

I was cruising some of my legacy images over the weekend. Don't you love that word "legacy" - it says old in a very classy way. Anyway, I was looking for images to illustrate my book and ran across one of my old-time favorite images of a dad dancing with his daughter. The entire shot was made with the available light in the ballroom. The dance floor was illuminated with a special dappled pattern which looked great. The Bride and her father were followed with a spotlight as they enjoyed their dance. It was this added light that allowed me to capture this image. I took up my position placing the band in the foreground and waited for the bride and her father to move into the center of the scene. The dad was oriented perfectly for me to capture his wonderful expression as he enjoyed the treasured moment with his daughter. Camera specs; Hasselblad fitted with 40mm Distagon, F4.0 At 1/30 second, ISO 800 shot on Kodak Vericolor 800 film.
Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. If you look closely enough, you notice the light bouncing off the bride onto the father's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious if you used flash and if so was it set to ettl?

    ReplyDelete