Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday: 4 Photographers - Lots Of Ideas and Tips

Good Afternoon Everybody,
We made it to Thursday and get a little break in the action today. We're sticking around a few days, mostly to wrap tour details and put the finishing touches on the book. There it is, I see it - a little light at the end of the tunnel - but heck, better busy than not.

Today I've got that long promised video for you. It's taken a little while to put together but I think it came out kind of cool. I hope you like it. It features Joe McNally, Michele Celentano Hanson Fong, and Mary Fisk-Taylor giving presentations at various booths at the WPPI trade-show.

Michele and Hanson were both presenting at the Canon booth as they are both Canon "Explorers of Light". Mary Fisk-Taylor was presenting at the Marathon booth giving some marketing ideas. Joe was giving his presentation at the Nikon booth. All presenters were gracious enough to give me their permission to post the videos. My thanks to them.

You know, I think this is a good idea and is an easy way to get a quick peak at other photogs we sometimes hear about but seldom get a chance to see. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the show. Just hit the play button below and enjoy.

One last thing, I was talking to my office today and they tell me we only have 2 more spaces left for my upcoming Digital Master Class April 27 - May 1 so give Jennifer a call [link] if you want to reserve a space. Hey gang, that's it for me today, I'll plan to see everyone tomorrow. See ya' then, -David




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that! Of course, now I really regret not going, LOL. I was actually in town on Monday for photoshoot, but I was not able to go to the convention. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, great idea for snippets of the trade show ... it would have been even better with a lavalier microphone for your 5D2 ... the sound was not up to your usual quality. Great otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. You go above and beyond in sharing everything photography for us. It has been great following this online workshop. Thank you. Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really nice. Thanks for posting. I hope one year I can make it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, the sound was not the best, but it was still pretty good considering the trade show environment. There was no way I could mic them in the middle of their presentations, nor would I ask. I hoped for the best and really thought the idea worked quite well - my 2 cents. -David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your video was excellent and the vast majority continues to be grateful for all you do and share. Maybe a future post on the value of sharing positive, reinforcing compliments and refraining from criticism in our personal and business life? Brian F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tks very much, i almost felt i was in the show, keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete