Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Technique Tuesday: A Blast From The Past!

Good Afternoon Everybody,
Well, as it's been said by Robert Burns, the poet, in 1785:
"In proving foresight may be vain:The best laid schemes o' mice an' menGang aft agley..."

OK, OK, in English:
"In proving foresight may be vain: The best laid schemes of mice and men Go often askew..."

Folks, that's where my plans today - went askew. I've got a few too many irons in the fire in the fire this week - portraits, weddings, webinars, and packing for a out-of-town wedding. Today's post is almost ready to go but still needs a few more loose ends tied up so I'm going to reserve it for next week's post.

I promise, it's a very cool post. While in San Diego last week, I put together two Technique Tuesday episodes emphasizing how to compose images even in the surrounds of a modern hotel. Both tutorials are meant to show how I put my shots together and also show what goes through my mind computationally when designing my images - I think you'll like them.

But don't despair, along those same lines I've got another "blast from the past" discussing composition in a completely unique way. I remember putting the tutorial together and think it makes some great points on how to see, how to look for the leading lines in the scene, and where to place your subject within the scene. Hit the PLAY button below and Enjoy! -David




On that note gang, I'm out of here. Don't Forget - "Let My Light Shine On" webinar [link] tomorrow evening - 8 P.M. ! I'll see everybody tomorrow on What's Up Wednesday. See ya' then, -David

4 comments:

  1. It would be nice if all of us photographers were as busy as you are.
    Keep up the good work, we appreciate all of the information you share.
    Mike Edgeton
    www.edgetonphoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually translate that as "Oft go Astray" to keep with the structure. Though the word "oft" is a bit archaic in its usage, it is fairly easy to glean its meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I especially found the leading lines section helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks David. Very informative, as usual.

    A piece of trivia for you so you can bore friends at dinner parties: "Big Ben" is not the name of the clock-tower. It is specifically, and only, the BELL inside it.

    Thanks again,
    Graeme

    ReplyDelete