Monday, August 03, 2009

"Balcony Beauty"

"Balcony Beauty"
©David A. Ziser

OK, the title may be a little weak today, but I still love the image. During last week's Master Class, St. Xavier Church was kind enough to open up the church balcony to us for photographs. This was one of my favorite images from the balcony shoot. Notice how I positioned the bride within the interior frame of the architecture of the ceiling. The lines and the framing draw and hold the viewer's eye right on the subject. The surrounding colors blend nicely with the subject too. Balancing the flash with ambient results in a nice image. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F 5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! -David

7 comments:

  1. This is one instance where I must question if Gelling the flashes would have allowed the true color of the BEAUTIFUL blue and white church to come out better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This portrait is beyond words. It is amazing. I love your work. That's why I'm ordering your Special Offer for only $59 today.
    I love your use of light and lines.
    Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave:
    You have mentioned often in your blogs that you balanced the flash with the ambient. Just exactly how do you do that? How do you know how much flash to throw on your subject to balance it with the ambient? Or is it just trial and error!
    Thanks a lot
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this image.. The model looks thrilled but the picture is great... Af first glance I thought how pretty the plants were and then they turned into arches.. I love that effect.

    George Starr

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, shutter speed is 40?? Is that handheld? As always, wonderful photo. I second Gary's question too. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why would 1/40s at 24mm be alarming?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the lighting is awesome!!! I love the colors it highlights the bride....which leads me to saying beautiful bride or should I say model!

    ReplyDelete