Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"Cityscape"

City Scapes - IMG_2806-Edit"Cityscape" 
©David A. Ziser

How about one more image from last week's class.  This was one of the final images I captured at our evening shoot.  I used my trusty Z-Ray high powered flashlight to illuminate the couple.  The high ISO and very low shutter speed brought up the detail in the city below.  This is one of my signature images we make at every wedding when shooting at Drees Pavilion, one of our most popular wedding reception venues in town. Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 93mm, F5.6 @ 1/8 second handheld, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

6 comments:

  1. David,

    I have been curious about the Z-ray and wonder how you keep such an accurate exposure on the couple... When I try this I always seem to get the faces to bright.....are you diffusing the light or is it bare ray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. handheld? no tripod at 1/8, man you are STEADY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a "Z-Ray" Brinkmann like you use, and I'm looking forward to trying your techniques this weekend at an evening wedding! Thanks David for all the great info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,

    I've been enjoying your blog for some time now. Thank you for sharing your talent and for being a real inspiration for many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is was my favorite location and lighting technique!! Wish i had the angle you had mine didn't turn out as good Composition wise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the lighting but I feel that the picture would benefit from a tighter crop: clutter at the left would be gone and the empty space in the top part of the image as well.

    Just my 2 cts of course. Still a nice one.

    ReplyDelete