Friday, August 28, 2009

"A Little Color By The Side Of The Road"

Roadside Color2-0133_Vail-Aspen Z09 "A Little Color By The Side Of The Road" 
©David A. Ziser

We were heading from Vail Colorado over to Aspen this past Tuesday early afternoon. LaDawn was driving, or was it flying down the road?  We flew past this barn, she hit the brakes, and asked me to take a photograph of it.  I probably took about a dozen, but this one was my favorite.  The rich, vibrant colors of the red barn stands in stark contrast to the green foliage behind it.  The rustic nature of the old wind mill further adds to the pleasing, simple composition of the shot.  Camera specs; Canon 50D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 70mm, F6.3 @ 1/160 second, ISO 200. 

Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Every time I travel I'm on the lookout for windmills. I've shot dozens. Now the master puts me to shame...and at the same time inspires me to step it up to the next level.

    Thanks you David for shots like this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should count myself lucky since I have a windmill in my backyard, not I've got more ideas on how to shoot it!

    ReplyDelete