Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Aspen High"

Aspen High-IMG_6533 "Aspen High" 
©David A. Ziser

On our drive from Vail, Colorado we drove along Independence Pass and wound our way down the mountains heading to Aspen.  As we got closer to the city of Aspen we passed the by this wonder glen of of Aspen trees.  I jumped out of the car and started shooting away.  This is a quick image I pulled from the shoot.  I love the tonalities and textures in this image.  The "verticals" of the Aspens softened and broken up by the leaves created a simple composition of these natural elements.  Camera specs; Canon 50D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 100mm, F5.6 @ 1/160 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. For a minute I thought I had stumbled onto Ansel Adams Website by accident :-)
    keep up the good work David
    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm got an odd question for you David. I was just out at Joshua Tree a few days ago. Gorgeous day. Mostly sunny, a few puffy white clouds, only in the low 90's. Amazing. So I got some nice landscape shots, and I love the look of the sky/clouds based on the white balance As Shot, but I think Daylight or Auto gives me a nicer color for the ground. I'm using Lightroom (just getting started) and I don't know if there is a way to mask out the ground or the sky and apply different white balances to the different portions. One last question, I don't think there is a way to do panoramic stitch assist in Lightroom, is there? I'll just have to use the Canon software then and save as a TIFF for Lightroom.

    ReplyDelete