Friday, August 07, 2009

"A Walk In The Park"

Walking In The Park - 1087_Kelby Training Cincy Z08-Edit"A Walk In The Park"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I almost skipped by as I was browsing through the set.  But I kept coming back to it.  What was it that had caught my eye?  Then I noticed it.  Look how the long sidewalk directly behind the couple cuts right through them leading your eye directly to them.  Now notice how the steps leading down from the Pavilion in the distance lead your eye right back to the couple.  Light is powered in from the left from my radio controlled off-camera flash at full power. It's all the leading lines, the rich colors, and the easy,natural feel and setting that make me like this image.  Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 14mm, F11 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200. 

Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    Beautiful shot. Beautiful colors and composition. Now I have question for you, what was the time when you took this picture (evening, day)? It looks on picture like it is evening, but based on your settings of the camera that you described looks like it was day and you overpower you flash. Could you please provide more detailed information on shooting technique.

    Thanks a lot and keep doing a great job with your posts, I really enjoy them.

    Sincerely,
    Vlad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great shot. Oddly enough, the Pavilion in the background reminds me of Nevels Temple, in Youngstown, Ohio, primarily because of the arches - they're somewhat similar.

    ReplyDelete