Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Maroon Bells"

Maroon Bells-IMG_6673 "Maroon Bells" 
©David A. Ziser

Yesterday we headed over to one of the most beautiful areas in the Aspen area – Maroon Bells.  I grabbed this shot as we were walking around this pristine crystal clear lake at the foot of the mountains.  I opened the image in Lightroom, tweaked the colors, but wasn’t happy with the grey rocks left from an earlier avalanche on the left side of the image.  The shallow, crystal clear water also gave the reflection of the clouds a brownish cast since you could see through the clear water to the muddy bottom of the lake. My solution, change it to black and white to solve the color issues then tweak the color channels in b&w mode in Lightroom to enhance the tonalities of the image.  That gave me the completed image I wanted. Camera Specs; Canon 50D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 18mm, F10 @ 1/160 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

p.s. Business Day Thursday post coming later today.  -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ansel...I mean David.,
    You're on the edge of heaven. Maroon Bells is well known and just stunning. We've backpacked out there and I've always had the nudge to haul in the old 4x5. So far I've always chosen food over the camera but what a beautiful place. Great shot!
    Best regards!
    Steve @ McIntosh

    ReplyDelete