Friday, June 06, 2008

"View From Above"

"View From Above"
© David A. Ziser

This is a fun image while trying a new technique one day. I really like playing around with my 8mm Sigma Fisheye. For this image I put my camera fitted with the fisheye lens on a monopod, set the self timer to 10 seconds, fired the shutter and started counting. At about 7 seconds, I raised the camera far over my head, to my best aim at the couple, got them smiling and looking at the camera and got this image when the camera fired - pretty cool. Off-camera flash was supplied by my Quantum shooting through my 32 inch umbrella. A small optically fired strobe created the backlighting on the couple. Camera specs; Canon 30D fitted with a Sigma 8mm Fisheye, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,

    I wanted to share something with you that I think would be great for you to feature and pass on. My brother, Steve Paterson, one of the founding partners of Clear (www.StartClear.com), a graphics design firm in Southern California, has decided to do something very special to help the victims of China’s recent earthquake. He has started www.FiftyThousandShirts.com. The goal is to sell 50,000 shirts, raising one million dollars (which will be donated through World Vision, www.worldvision.org).

    It would be great if you could pass on to your audience the great opportunity that this could be. Also if there is anyway you would be willing to put a banner up or know anyone who would want to you can get them off of this site: http://fiftythousandshirts.com/action/.

    One of the sponsors of this effort is http://RedisWhite.com. Red is White is a faith-inspired, ongoing, online t-shirt design project. Anyone can come up with a design and submit it to Red is White. The Red is White community then rates the designs and the winning designs get printed (and the designer gets paid).

    I think this definitely seems like something that your audience could get behind.

    Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
    Mike Paterson
    www.FiftyThousandShirts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David
    I was curious what method you use to sign your prints. Stamp, Pen, or Photoshop?
    Thanks
    George

    ReplyDelete