Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"Afternoon Kiss"

"Afternoon Kiss"
© David A. Ziser

Again, I'm featuring an image from the wedding I photographed this past weekend. We had just wrapped the photographs in the sanctuary and were heading for the limo. I asked the bride and groom to give each other a kiss as they were making their exit. My assistant was behind them with my strobe at 1/2 power and firing remotely. The area was dark enough even in the afternoon to show the enhancement from the strobe. I tweaked the image in Lightroom using the new Retouch feature. I darkened the left side of the brightly light exterior and toned down the blue sky as well. Another tweak or two to accentuate the bride and groom and I had my finished result. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 10mm, F5.6 @ 1/400 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

2 comments:

  1. David,


    You don't know how much I truly appreciate your work and your guidance. It would be so much better if your featured photos would be "bigger". At least 750 by 500 pixels. Just an idea....take care!

    Ruben Sanchez

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a killer shot. Love the way you lit it. Bigger images would be nice.

    Now that you've started using Raw, how about another revolution. Switch from blogger to WordPress. I use it for my entire site, and the plugins and add on's (ie image overlays, tracking etc) are amazing.

    You may already be familiar with it, but if you need a hand you know where to find me... Gav

    ReplyDelete