Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"A Beautiful Evening"

"A Beautiful Evening"
© David A. Ziser

I was actually reviewing this bride's images with her just yesterday. She had chosen to do the more formal bridal images in the surrounds of the ballroom instead of the church. The winter-like decor was stunning and served as a exciting backdrop for the photographs. This is just a simple portrait yet the beautiful expression, gorgeous gown, and stunning surrounds combine for a great photograph of the bride. Lighting was supplied by my off camera Quantum shooting through a 36 inch umbrella. The ambient light supplied the fill. 15 seconds in Lightroom softened the highlights added the vignette for the finishing touch. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 16mm, F5.6 @ 1/15 second handheld, ISO 800, JPEG.
Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Why is the bride less in focus than the cloth on the chairs? The bride's face is blurry and the 2nd plane is in focus

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's tack sharp where I sit. Priobably a scree res issue. -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniel,
    You got me thinking so I went back and checked the original in Lightroom and zoomed in - it really is tack sharp. When I do the screen grabs, I don't sharpen them in Photoshop - hey, there are so many hours in a day. Hence, the slightly less sharp look on the web. -David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo David! Its a pleasant reminder that you don't always have to shoot the bridal portraits at the church.

    I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete