Thursday, June 05, 2008

"Daisy Dance"

"Daisy Dance"
© David A. Ziser

This image was taken a few weeks ago while on photo walk in one of our local parks. I find this one of the most relaxing things I can do for myself. My self constraint (or challenge) on this particular photo-walk was to only use a 70-200mm lens with the 1.4x tele-extender. I sure didn't have to do much bending over when taking the shots. The daisies were in direct sunlight which explains the very high shutter speed. I could have reduced the ISO to 200, but not a big deal at 400. I really like how the daisies seem to dance through the image from bottom left to top right. Their positioning in the composition seems to evoke a nice sense of rhythm with the two sharp center daisies balanced nicely with the surroundings flowers. The direct sun necessitated a little shadow recovery in Lightroom. I added a little vignetting as a final touch then brought the image into Photoshop and added the brush texture. Click on the image directly to see a larger view. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm lens fitted with 1.4x tele-extender at 200mm, F4.0 @ 1/8000 second, ISO 400, Raw. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Oops...the spyglass is visible in the shot...

    ReplyDelete