Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"Westin Electric"

"Westin Electric"
© David A. Ziser

I just stumbled across this image while browsing threw a collection of travel images from a few years ago. It was one of my favorites and reminded me of some incredible memories from the trip. It was created while on our first trip to Cabo San Lucas. We were heading out to dinner with friends at this beautiful Westin resort. The building's sleek architecture, color, and lines was an amazing visual feast especially in the twilight hour. This image was made on the Westin property while heading to the our restaurant. It was a handheld exposure at a very slow shutter speed. Yes, I took several to be assured of at least one sharp image. I cropped the image so that one's eye is drawn into the curves, color, and textures of the scene. The view is as striking to me now as it was then. Camera specs; Fuji S2 fitted with a Tamron 24-135mm lens at 24mm, F3.5 @ 1/4 second, ISO 800.
Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love when you find forgotten photographs?

    I like the lines and I like the color of the blue.

    ReplyDelete