Friday, May 23, 2008

Some Of The Most Beautiful Wedding Photography I Have Ever Seen

So I get a call last Friday from Kevin King. Kevin, as many of you know, is the inventor of the extremely popular Radio Popper that David Hobby over at the Strobist has been raving about. I had called Kevin earlier in the week about the possibility of test driving the Radio Poppers as I have been using off-camera flash for almost 30 years. In the old days, we used radio control units by DynaLite, Lindahl, and then finally switching to the Quantum units in the mid eighties. I continue to use the Quantum units today in every photo session or event.

Kevin's Radio Poppers now make it possible to use the new fancy-dancy small flash units from Nikon and Canon remotely while maintaining the full functionality of the flash. You can check them out here.
Anyway, in our very pleasant phone conversation, Kevin mentioned that he was also a wedding photographer working in Phoenix - that is how the Radio Popper idea was born. He suggested I check out his site - which I did. OK folks - hit "pause" on what ever you were about to do after your visit here and go instead to Kevin's photography site right here and soak up some of the most beautiful images you have ever seen. Each of his galleries have images that are more stunning than the next - definitely worth the visit. Don't stop there - also check out his blog right here for even more great images.

But wait, there's more. You know what Kevin likes to do in his spare time when he is not inventing or shooting?? Kevin likes chasing storms. You know, like big storms with lots of lighting and thunder. He was telling me about how several other storm chasers are set up with portable weather stations so everybody knows where the storms are likely to hit. He grabs his camera and hits the road and many times gets the striking images he was looking to create. Check out Kevin's methods for taking lightning pics right here - pretty darn fascinating.

Oh, he did promise to send me a couple of units to test, so I'll keep you posted as soon as I get a chance to check them out. I can hardly wait!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello David,

    Ken here in Lexington. I have 3 radio poppers and really like them. They do what they say they do.

    Also

    am including my blog address about Memorial Day, about my brother Stan.

    I am greeted with grief and sadness as I wrote this tribute to him, a good brother, KIA in Viet Nam in 1968, seems like yesterday.

    I have been avoiding this, but somehow me starting a blog of sorts, learning to release my heart in photography and good people like you and other professionals.

    I email a fella name Scott Eccleston, professional photographer in Main who is doing a slideshow on those who “have gone before us”. His blog address below.


    http://kblawson.wordpress.com/

    http://weeklyphototips.blogspot.com/ Scott Eccleston

    Affectionately in my brothers memory,

    Ken from KY

    ReplyDelete