Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Saving Grace"

"Saving Grace"
© David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite images from a recent outdoor senior portrait session. I love the direct gaze of the young lady right back into the camera. She looks quietly strong and confident as she makes eye contact with the viewer. The style of the clothing, the colors, the white jacket, the soft, out of focus background all enhance the final composition which speaks to that quiet confidence. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 110mm, F 5.0 at 1/125 second, ISO 800, JPEG. The remotely fired off camera flash was positioned to the left side of the subject creating the desired direction of light. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dave isn't that camera left and subjects right? :-)
    Is that a backdrop or is it on location?
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave
    Sooo, you are one of us, a Strobist!
    Love this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shart717,
    Thanks for the nice remarks. but for the record, I gave my first program on off camera flash in 1983 and have been promoting its use since then. An electrical engineering and college buddy of mine and I were working on a radio control back in 1970-71 as a way to trigger strobes remotely. I go back to the days of Dyna-lite radios and Lumadynes. I've been using them since 1978. I'm glad to see so many people jumping on board. -David

    ReplyDelete