Monday, May 05, 2008

"Morning Glory"

"Morning Glory"
© David A. Ziser


How about one more from last weeks Master Class? This image was made after a clearing storm. (See last week's posts of similar images.) I used NIK's Viveza software (link below) to turn the sky into a flaming red sunset, increase the contrast of the sun's rays, and focus attention to the subject. The scene is heavily manipulated but it was still the original lighting and composition that gave me the framework from which to build my new composition. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 17-85mm lens at 35mm, F22 @ 1/80 second with my Quantum strobe coming in very strong from the left just out of range. ISO was 200. Enjoy! -David

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I purchased my copy this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...One of these days you will show us how you modified the sky in Vivesa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool shot. Love the way the light is balanced.

    Gav

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your talks at PS World in Orlando this year. Just a suggestion, clean your sensor, because you are at f22, I can see at least three dust spots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks manipulated. Almost like the bride has been cut from a studio shoot and dumped into a sunset scene. Very unnatural, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - I was there when this photo was taken and the sky was breathtaking as it was .... tweak the colors for more of an autumn sunset and BAM totally different photo. I love the look and because you used Viveza the overall integrity of the shot still remains.

    ReplyDelete