Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Irises"
© David A. Ziser

This is probably my favorite image from this past Sunday's photo-walk in Ault Park. Ault park is a real favorite here in the Cincy area - big, beautiful, colorful, and relaxed. Although in a bed with several other irises, I wanted to isolate on just one flower. I managed to find my single iris but the image also showed nearby irises as well. The final crop only picks up part of the single iris. The single deep, rich, velvety, purple petal seems to stand guard over the intertwining soft and sharp edges of the leaves and stems of the bed. The image was shot in RAW, enhanced just a bit in Lightroom with Shadow Recovery and just a bit of Vibrance. I love the finished result! Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens and 1.4x tele-extender set to 160mm, F4.0 @ 1/500 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful image. I love the graphic nature of the crop and how my mind gets to play with the colors and shapes. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete