Thursday, May 29, 2008

How Much Do Bloggers Make? - One For The Road Thursday

OK, OK - this was just a matter of curiosity to me so I thought I would check it out. Just how much do bloggers make?? Check out this article over at Paula Neal Mooney's site right here for a fascinating look at blogs in general. Sure, Mike Arlington at Tech Crunch makes big bucks to the tune of 1.8 million in revenues, the Drunge Report pulls in 1.2 million. Heck, a local blogger here in Cincy - Ask The Builder by Tim Carter - pulls in between $500,000 and 1 million dollars!

I love the ones at the bottom of the list. They have titles like Make Money On Line with annual revenues of $522 or Mike's Money Making Mission with annual revenues of $2888. What's wrong with this picture. Hey, in the last 6 month's my Amazon Associates account has netted me $10.78 - look out Tech Crunch.

If you are curious about these kind of things, it's kind of an interesting read. Hey everybody, my late start today means I've got to hit the road and get some real work in before the end of the day. Enjoy the reads today and I'll see you tomorrow for a really interesting Inspiration Friday. See you then, -David

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the posts this Thursday David. I've been wondering about blogging for money but my blog is a bit lost in the Internet (I wonder if anyone reads it).

    Anyway, I'm an artist and freelance photographer, designer, and retoucher - I read your posts daily. Your posts are a good read for anyone working in the creative world.

    I look forward to Friday!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave you make $10.22? wow that's more than me :-)
    I'm using entrecard to try and get some more visibility on my site. (I have two of them)
    Anyway I would bet that you would bring in a bunch more readers if you tried it.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out.

    I've been thinking about updating that list sometime this year, in June of 2008 or so...

    Especially since some of us on the list are making more money blogging now. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what kind of response you would see. But I typically click through one of a couple sites any time I buy from Amazon.com (since I can't click through my own site:-). There's a couple methods:
    1. Put up an easy to find link.
    2. Craft a search style box that we would paste the Amazon ASIN into and it will build the referral link.
    3. An Amazon Associate bookmarklet with your ID embedded would be another option.

    Someone might as well benefit from the associate commission. And I've learned a lot from your blog and seminar so figure I'll start going through your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey want web traffic here your chanse www.submitweburl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete