Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Time To Get Engaged

.....To the client that is. Engaging the client is quickly becoming one of the lost arts in costumer service these days. Ever walk through a store and wait forever to be asked for help. So many times the service assistants are chatting away among themselves - it seems to have become the customer's responsibility to do the engaging. To my mind this is sort or "bas ackwords" when it comes to true customer service. My friend Kent Smith, has an enunciator in his studio's drive way that alerts the staff that a client is on the way to the front door of the studio. It's their que to get moving, open the door, and welcome the client into the studio. What a polished way to run a business.

Jeff Gitomer publishes an e-newsletter every week. I give is a read every time it arrives in my inbox. He was discussing the very same topic this week listing over 10 elements (no , rules) to enlist the engagement of potential customers. You can give Jeff's newsletter a read right here. Heck, you can even sign up for it yourself - it's always a good read - just do it.

Hey gang, that's it for me today. LaDawn and I are having lunch with friends in just a bit so I've got to scoot. See everybody tomorrow for Inspiration Friday. It's shaping up to be a good one so I'll see you then. Have a great day where ever you are. -David

1 comment:

  1. Get to know your client. Greet them at the door when possible. Get on a first name basis and make a new friend. I have found that it is a lot easier to invite a friend to purchase a $1000.00 Portrait than it is to try and sell it to a stranger.

    ReplyDelete