Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still Bouncing Around

...Or how to get even more mileage out of your $1 bounce card. Last week I posted how to make a $1 Bounce card for your on camera flash - here is the link again. It got a little buzz across the net. I guess a lot of people like to save a buck or two these days.

Anyway, I received a comment from Steve who enlightened me to the fact that it's all been done before. He wrote, "It's called a better bounce card and has been around for some time," and gave the link to ABetterBounceCard. I was crestfallen. My $1-Bounce "Ziserizer" was nipped in the bud way before I could get global B&H distribution and sock away millions in my off shore bank account.
I finally had some time to check out the link, and there he was, Mr. Peter Gregg, with my idea on YouTube with over 177,000 views! Hey, all joking aside, check out Mr. Gregg's other videos too right here - he has taken the simple "bounce card" to new heights.
I still think mine looks more cool since I've rounded the corners. I guess great minds think alike ;~)

1 comment:

  1. Hi David - there is another home-made bounce that I have found that is pretty good and fairly easy to make. You can find it at Chuck Gardner's site http://super.nova.org/DPR/DIY01/

    Gardner's bounce cost about $5.00 and takes about 15 minutes to put together.

    ReplyDelete