Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Peek Into My Friday Program - LightRoom

One third of my Friday presentation at the Kentucky Photographers Convention was exploring the digital studio's new Salesflow and Workflow options. To get straight to the point, I think Adobe's Lightroom offers one of the best workflow solutions available. In the course of my presentation, I discussed the key aspects of the software that I believe work best for the typical wedding/portrait studio. In putting the program together, I scoured the Internet for Lightroom resources. One of he finest is Adobe's own Lightroom wiki. This is about the coolest software resource on the planet. I wish we could see more of this kind of support on line. Anyway, check out Adobe's Lightroom wiki right here - it is a dream to explore for all things Lightroom!

Matt Kloskowski also has one the best Lightroom resources out there, too with his Lightroom Killer Tips site right here. I literally looked at each and every one of his posts since his first post on November 1, 2006. and selected those that best fit the working portrait/wedding studio.

Here is the link list with each link preceded with the the link topic. Adobe's Lightroom wiki and this condensed version may ease your Lightroom learning curve as you fine tune your digital workflow at your studio. But wait, there's more - Jack Davis, Photoshop and Lightroom guru, has 80 Lightroom Presets you can download right here and InsideLightroom.com has even more right here. Enjoy the info - it's a fun sea of info to sail.

Hey, gang, that's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow for Technique Tuesday - this week on Friday. So until then, have a good one. --David


1 comment:

  1. Since I started using Lightroom as my main program to process my photography I feel that the quality of my output has increased more than when I upgraded from a digital compact to a digital slr camera. Lightroom is a revolution and I can't recommend it enough, thanks David for helping promote such as wonderful tool.

    ReplyDelete