Friday, January 18, 2008

Lighting, Lighting, Lighting

Without good lighting, you get lousy portraits. It's just that simple!! It's always about that direction of light. Hey, I've been talking about it most of the week for the Kelby Training videos we were working on, so when I found this link over at Tammy Cravit's NicePicsLady blog, I thought I'd point you to it. Tammy has a "ton" of good lighting links in her post. Some really good information here - way to go Tammy.


My favorite is the link to Maurice Mc Duff great article right here with 16 great illustrations and lots of images showing lighting results - two really good finds.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention on your blog, David! I got my start in photography long ago -- in high school, I assisted for a commercial photographer whose primary tools were a Bronica SQ-A medium format camera and an Arca-Swiss 4x5 view camera -- and I learned from her the impact that lighting has (positively or negatively) on photos.

    It seems to me that a sizable chunk of the new breed of photogs who got their starts in the digital era haven't yet learned that lesson. One of the goals of my blog is to help teach that lesson.

    ReplyDelete