Wednesday, January 16, 2008

So How Do You Shoot A Portrait in a Tight Situation?

Check out this article over at Assignment Construct right here to find out just how it can be accomplished. This is a great site with solid information. The reason I point you to this article, you ask. We used exactly the same technique to create this beautiful portrait of our bride yesterday. We were in a tight corner of the sanctuary, using a wide angle lens. To achieve the direction of light needed, and not photograph the flash, I just had my assistant Erin move closer to the wall out of the shot and point the flash directly at the wall. This allowed for the beautiful loop lighting pattern on my bride I desired. Here is how we lit it. Below is the final result. It worked out perfectly. Great minds think a-like, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment