Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shhh! Keep It Quiet Here

Hush that noise right now! Cory Barker has a really informative tutorial on reducing noise in an image right here. What I like about his method is his use of "surface blur" technique in one of the image channels. I thought it was quite clever since it does a much better job than the "tried and true" technique of just Gaussian blurring the noisy channel. OK, I know all that just sounded kind of "geeky" to a lot of readers, but check out Corey's "Noise Reducing" tutorial - it has some nice touches.

2 comments:

  1. Man those guys are smart!
    I'm already re adjusting all my images.

    -DBT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was cool, and usefull to me. I shoot a love of dark spaces.

    I find NeatImage sometimes is lacking, and the reduce noise tool is wierd. This gives me another option to try. Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete