Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back Again Thursday

Good Morning everybody,
First of all, let me thank everyone for their very kind expressions of sympathy in your comments, thoughts, prayers, desserts and flowers at the passing of my mother, Janet Ziser. She was laid to rest yesterday in a beautiful full mass ceremony that brought tears to many eyes in the house. Growing up - I always told my mom she needed to stop and smell the roses. She reminded me of my own words many times as my business continued to grow and prosper over the years. When my cousins laid two roses on the casket, all those wonderful memories came flooding back. Maybe we all need a reminder to stop and smell the roses now and then. Sometimes the work, hectic schedules, and families responsibilities tend to make us take our eye off that target, but I still think it is good advice and we need to make time to just stop and smell those roses!!

The passing of a parent is pretty hard to take for all involved because of the hurt and the loss, but the wonderful eulogy for my mother given by a close family friend let us all walk out of the service yesterday feeling sad of course but happy for my mom too. Here are the last few sentences from the eulogy. "You know Janet (my mom), every time we left your house after a visit you always reassured us with your gentle words, 'Go on now, have a good time, don't worry about me, I'll be just fine.' So we say to you today, 'Go ahead now mom, have a good time, and don't worry about us. We'll all be just fine." You know, as I write this, I know we will be just fine, and knowing my mom, I know she be having a good time too.

You know over this past weekend, although we missed Mardi Gras, the KPPA photography convention was taking place and we participated in some of those events that we hadn't planned to attend. The wonderful hugs and time spent with many of my friends this past weekend was a well needed diversion from all the personal weekend circumstances. It was also a great convention with a talented aray of speakers presenting "tons" of ideas and information. I had the honor of presenting Friday and doing an all day on-location workshop on Tuesday. I'd like to share with you just a few tidbits from the convention. So, give a read below, I hope you enjoy. --David

2 comments:

  1. Dear David,

    So sorry to hear of the loss of
    your beloved mother.

    I lost my mom a few years ago as well.

    Beyond the immediate pain of sudden loss we do have many cherished memories. We must celebrate those precious memories and be committed to develop future happy memories with our family, extended families and friends.

    As a mother I know that is what our moms would want.

    Alan and I did a video time capsule as well of our parents. We can not emphasize enough to our friends and clients how important it is to do. It is especially important for our children and their children.

    As photographers we are doing Gods good work helping families preserve their legacy.

    David, as the sensitive and gifted artist that you are, your mother must of been so proud of your contributions. Her pride in you was a constant source of reconfirming that as a mother her job was well done.

    Hopefully you will feel peace in knowing that.

    Sincerely,

    Melanie Feldman

    ReplyDelete