Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Afternoon Rhapsody"
© David A. Ziser

I created this image during our shoot yesterday afternoon. The sky filled up with these light feathery white clouds and I wanted to have the bride really pop out of the background. That meant that I had to "underexpose" the sky relative to the proper exposure on the bride. I metered the sky and gave it about 1 stop less light. The bride was properly exposed with my off camera Quantum flash. I was then able to minimize and fill the shadows using my on-camera flash. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens set to 22mm, F 10 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! David

5 comments:

  1. Nice shot, David & great demonstration of several techniques here... I'm looking forward to checking out some of the stuff you've been putting together for Kelby Training.

    PS - It was COLD out there yesterday!! I hope she got hazard pay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about your setup - how do you use on-camera flash and off-camera flash at the same time?

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Q flash only lit the top half because of the 320 shutter speed, right? Causing the bottom half to be vignetted like that. nice use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! Was this location on-site? Spare of the moment or was it planned out?
    Thanks!
    -dMR

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was planned out about 60 seconds before I took it - the sky was aways changing. --David

    ReplyDelete