Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"Perfectly Innocent"

"Perfectly Innocent"
© David A. Ziser

I created this image from a wonderful outdoor series of images of this young lady about 5 years ago. Her parents used their favorite for her sign up board at her Bat Mitzvah. Many others were a part of her Bat Mitzvah album. This image is one of my favorites because of the very gentle quality of the lighting, pose, setting, and expression. I added a soft directional light to her face with my trusty flash shooting threw my 36 inch translucent umbrella. Balancing the background density of the environment to about a stop less than the rest of the scene. I did this by using a faster shutter speed since my flash was locked in at my F 3.5 f-stop - I had to use the shutter speed with my flash to darken the ambient light. Since the Nikon D1x's synced at 1/500 second, it was fairly easy to add a deep richness to the scene. Also, the wide aperture softens the background substantially and forces the attention to the subject. I also was privileged to photograph her graduation photographs just a few weeks ago. Camera specs (then); Nikon D1x fitted with 80-200mm lens at 100mm, F 3.5 @ 1/400 second, ISO 400. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment