Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Dancing In The Springtime"

"Dancing In The Springtime"
© David A. Ziser

This image was made a few years ago and is still one of my favorites. The soft white petals supplied the perfect background for the bridal portrait. Two days later, I returned to the park for another shoot and everyone of the petals were on the ground. We were really lucky on this shoot. Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Notice how the tree's branches on the left direct the viewers eye to the bride. The white petalled trees on the right constrain the viewer from leaving the scene, while the pathway gives one more visual path to the bride. Light, of course, from the right shooting with my strobe through my translucent umbrella. Camera specs; Canon 20D fitted with 70-200mm lens at 90mm, F4.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I agree that this is a lovely image, but I can't see the leading lines from the left. The framing of the white petals and the darker branches / trunks (which I see as leading lines) are great. Of course, the path and the hedges direct us right to the bride as well.
    I see the left side of the image as nothing but a border that avoids distracting us from the main subject.
    None of this takes away from the image, it is just a different view I suppose.

    Best,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete