Friday, December 07, 2007

"Mysteries Abound"
© David A. Ziser
One of my favorite images from a trip to New Orleans a few years ago - just 10 days before Katrina. I had just given a program to the Professional Photographers of Louisiana. One of it's members offered to take us "swamping" in his boat a few days later. We were lucky to have traveled the bayou where many tourists never get to see. This beautiful landscape was captured as we were zipping past the large stand of Cyprus trees. I only had a moment to grab the shot, had no clue what my settings were, I just hit the shutter button. Had I had more time to set up for the shot, ISO and shutter speed would have been reduced considerably. I love the colors and the mysterious feeling of the image. Camera specs: Canon 20D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 145mm; F9 # 1/1600 second at ISO 1600. Enjoy! --David

1 comment:

  1. Now that is fantastic.

    Sometimes in a wedding or event we just don't have the time to check settings. It is either take the photo or miss the shot. We just have to have the back end skills to correct for imperfection. Being a great photographer includes being a great photoshopper these days.

    Death Bag Toter (NV)

    ReplyDelete