Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Ice Blue Party"
© David A. Ziser

This image is from a wedding we are currently in the process of delivering to our client. The client had a beautiful wedding and this image shows a "scene-setter" from their reception. I grab these images just moments before the guests enter the room so these photographs are aways hand held shots made on the run as I move quickly around and through the venue. Getting the wedding cake to stand out from all the surrounding dark tones accented by the lighting decor is always an exposure challenge - especially for a JPEG shooter like me. How do I do it - zoom to the cake, adjust the exposure till the cake is not "blowing" out as indicated by the histogram or "blinkies" on my newer 40D, zoom back to desired composition and shoot away. Camera specs; Canon 5D with 24-105mm IS lens at 28mm, F6.3 @1/13 second at ISO 800.
Enjoy! --David

No comments:

Post a Comment