Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Time To Celebrate"

Time To Celebrate

"Time To Celebrate"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image about 6 years ago just as we were transitioning to digital.  I love how it captures the spirit of the moment. I also remember the bright sun and knowing I had to “nail the exposure” so as not “blow out” the gown.  That was a BIG challenge because back in those days, most of us were JPEG shooters because of the lack of easy workflow solutions at the time. (Read that as Lightroom wasn’t invented yet.)  Here is another cool fact about this shoot – it was made with a fisheye lens.  But, do you notice that there is not much “fisheye” distortion.  Why, because first of all, I’m using it on an APS size sensor.  That means I’m only using the inside of the image circle of the lens that was designed for a full frame camera – not a bad super wide angle lens when used in this manner.  The other reason you don’t notice much distortion is because the subject matter doesn’t give it away either – no long, curving straight lines anywhere to give the lens away. And the last reason I posted the shot – because my bride in the image attended my DWUC tour in Washington D.C. last week.  She’s just starting her photography business in the area. Always nice to see past clients in the audience;~)  Thanks Amy!  Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with 16mm Nikkor Fisheye, f9.0 @ 1/1250 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment