Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Amber Glow"

Amber Glow "Amber Glow"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image made during yesterday’s shoot.  I found this great location where the textures and colors of the grasses proved a perfect background for this shot.  There were a lot of beautiful spots in the park for pictures but this one turned out to be one of my favorites.  I had to shoot around some large power units which the park had disguised in these grasses, but that was not a problem.  The image is a straight forward outdoor portrait of a bride.  I balanced the light – a strobe through my Zumbrella - coming from camera left with the ambient.  I underexposed the ambient just a bit to bring out the flattering direction of light on my subject.  The grasses not only added texture and color to the background, but a little implied motion as well.  The large aperture softened the background substantially so as not to distract form the subject. All these elements came together for a beautiful portrait of our bride. Camera specs; Canon 7D fitted with  70-200mm F2.8 IS lens at 85mm, F3.5 @ 1/200 second, ISO 100.  Enjoy!  -David

P.S. I’ll get the rest of today’s post up early this afternoon.  -David

1 comment:

  1. Doctor Ziser,

    Hope master class week is treating you well, wish I could be there! I know that was the best money I have spent since my days in fine arts school. You really have out done yourself:) Keep up the nice work.

    AKA the blind photo guy

    ReplyDelete