Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Party On"

"Party On"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of my earlier digital wedding images.  We were pretty much through our transition from film and I was having a blast. As a a JPEG shooter you had to nail the exposure every time. But, being a bit prudent/careful about the lighting never made that much of a problem. This is just a fun candid image of the wedding revelers enjoying the party.  I was always a big fan of the Fisheye lens for these just kind of shots.  The camera is just off the floor targeting the partiers above.  A quick shout to them to look into the camera brings out the “ham” in everyone and I got a great shot. Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye, F8.0 @ 1/80 second, ISO 400. Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. Still a very nice picture and composition. I am sure the married couple liked the spontaneous reaction of their guests too, I know I would because this is more of the "none manufactured" pictures if you know what I mean ... Like a startled child in a picture makes for a "real" feel and not some fake smile ... Awesome work Mr. Ziser and thank you very much for the sharing with all of us.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfondso Tisserand12:43 AM, October 15, 2009

    David,
    I'm sure you've heard it a million times but WOW! what an awesome program you put on for us in Phila!I'm still reeling and trying to assimilate and digest all of it.To any of you reading this who wonder if a non-shooting class can be worth what the DWUC costs, it's not, it's worth much more!
    I'm certain that the 13th of October will turn out to have been the transformative experience of my career.
    Thank you Mr. Ziser for sharing your knowledge and most of all your enthusiasm. You are indeed a gift and a treasure to the profession.
    All the best, Al Tisserand
    Brothers' Photography

    ReplyDelete