Thursday, October 15, 2009

"An Easy Afternoon"

0001-Easy Afternoon-IMG_7914 "An Easy Afternoon"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image from the PSW Wedding Shootout from a few weeks ago in Las Vegas. I like the easy, relaxed feeling of this image, but I also like the way the light rays from the stain glass window and it’s reflections on the floor also lead your eyes to the bride. Lighting was from camera left shooting my Quantum flash through my Zumbrella to create the flattering “loop light pattern” on the subject. No on camera flash was used at all.  The ambient light from the slower exposure supplied the necessary fill illumination. All this results in a nice, simple, beautiful straight forward shot.  Camera specs; Canon 5D mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 40mm, F5.6 @ 1/40 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. You mean camera left don't you? Or my eyes are playing tricks on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early morning blogging disease. Now corrected. Thanks Scott.
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spoke to a friend of mine today and we agreed we wanted to see more "close cropped" shots that you do. Lately alot have been broader shots including the chapel,etc. Well here is one,thanks!(show somw more please). See ya in Charlotte. Ken Toney

    ReplyDelete