Monday, October 05, 2009

"Beauty In Blue"

0001-Beauty In Blue-IMG_8158 "Beauty In Blue"
©David A. Ziser

So what do you do when you are outside a church midday with the sun blazing and not a cloud in the sky.  That was my situation in this image right here. The first thing to do was to get the bride standing in the shadow of the building.  I knew with my wide angle lens that the blue sky would take on a nice graduated range of rich blue color. I also liked the contemporary structure outside the church and decided to use it to counter balance the bide in the image. Next, all I had to do was get the light on the bride’s face with my off-camera flash – that’s always the easy part.  Anyway, I really like how the shot came out.  Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 40mm, f16 @ 1/160 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Stunning! Love the colors...it's almost a two color shot, almost a B(lue)&W(hite) type shot, with the flowers adding the only color...and the framing moves the viewer's eyes right to her face and eyes.

    ReplyDelete