Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"Vegas Girl"

Vegas Girl

"Vegas Girl" 
©David A. Ziser

This image was taken in the Mandalay Bay Resort as part of a training session I was doing for Photoshop World a few years ago.  I'll tell you, put a pretty girl in a fabulous location and it's hard to go wrong.  I love the striking architecture of the background which I enhanced even more with a wide angle lens on my camera.  Overall, this is a straight forward shot with lighting coming in from camera right with my off-camera strobe firing through a shoot through umbrella.  Slowing down the shutter to pick up the detail of the surrounds added to the warmth of the shot. Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F5.0 @ 1/20 second handheld, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. David, I just joined and watched your video's on Kelby Training. Very interesting and helpful -- thanks so much.

    One question for David or anyone familiar with the blog;

    Is there a video (or post) on your blog that shows the lighting setup David uses when taking pictures of group formals? In particular, I am wondering if David uses one umbrella, two umbrellas etc.

    Many thanks.
    Ernst

    ReplyDelete