Monday, October 19, 2009

Quick Hit Monday: Free Webinars; Lots Of Free Tutorials; Creativity; and Cool Group Shots

Good Afternoon Everybody,

The post is going up a little later than usual for a Monday because things are really hopping around the studio.  It's the first time I've had a chance to meet with my team for a while so we had a lot of ground to cover this morning. That plus a few other projects going on around here that needed to be tended too made for the afternoon post. 

In going through over 1,600 emails over the weekend - that includes  the normal backlog of non critical emails from being on the road with the DWUC tour, I've tripped over a few items I thought might be of interest. 

That said, let's get on with Quick Hit Monday in no particular order.

Free Webinar On Social Media Marketing

Everling Webinar Lew Everling, who spoke at our state meeting this past October, and who we met at the Indianapolis stop of my DWUC tour is presenting a FREE Webinar on Social Media Marketing, Thursday, October 22, 2009 from 2 - 3:00 p.m. Here is the secure link to REGISTER.  It's being presented by ACI, one of my DWUC tour sponsors so you can trust it to be a good program.

Lew will cover the basics of the most popular forms of social networking. Participants will be guided through the set up of accounts, and how to get started using Facebook, Twitter, and how to tie them together creating content driven media by you and your audience.

Hey, I just signed up, hope to see you there.

Adobe TV Has A New Look

I have to say, I think Adobe TV is one of the best places for FREE good learning on the web - after DigitalProTalk, that is;~)  Anyway, my Inbox pointed me toward a brand new Adobe TV.  Check it out right here.  I've already spent about 20 minutes checking out all their goodies.

Adobe TV2Here is one of my favs - "Soften Portraits Without Selections".  Very cool - here is the link right here.

Wait, There's More NIK Tutorials

That's right - you know, at my Digital WakeUp Call tour, I always poll the audience to see how many people are using the super cool NIK products.  I'm pleased, as well as a bit astonished, by the large number of people that use the NIK products.  They are really popular.

NIK Lightroom Anyway, many of you may not know, but now all the NIK products - DFine 2.0, Viveza, Color Efex Pro 3.0, Silver Efex Pro, and Sharpener Pro 3.0 all work right inside Lightroom - very cool.  Anyway, they offer lots of tutorials on their site, but in checking emails over the weekend, I just found out that they have many more available.  The nine new tutorials show how DFine 2.0 works within the Lightroom and Aperture interfaces.

If you're using NIK Software, you've got to check it out.  Here is the link to the lessons

War Of Art - cover_war_art The War Of Art - Pushing Your Creativity

"What keeps so many of us from doing what we long to do? Why is there a naysayer within? How can we avoid the roadblocks of any creative endeavor—be it starting up a dream business venture, writing a novel, or painting a masterpiece?"

Those words were lifted from Steven Pressfield's website describing his new book "The War Of Art"  which looks like a fascinating read, by the way.  In 1600 plus emails was a note from, fellow blogger, and DWUC attendee Chris Ward who told me he had an interview with Mr. Pressfield and was running it today.  I just gave it a read - it speaks directly to each of us wanting to be involved in the creative process.  You can give it a read right here.  Thanks Chris for the heads up!

AA Studios And Now For A Little Wedding Photography

I'm involved in a large project that involves reviewing lots of wedding web sites - more on that later.  Anyway, during my site review, I've come across lots of really cool sites. One of my favorites was A&A Studios from Denver, Colorado.  WOW! What great images.  Here is the link to their main site right here.  I went gallery cruising in Portfolio One [link].  Scroll through all the images.  The group shots are about the best I've seen - great use of light, composition, and color - just great imagery.

Hey gang, on that note I'm wrapping things up and hitting the road.  The team is calling so I'm back to real work today.  See everyone tomorrow for another episode of Technique Tuesday, "So Thats What Those Buttons Do - A Lightroom Tutorial"  See ya' tomorrow, -David

No comments:

Post a Comment