Friday, October 16, 2009

"Dancing Till Midnight"

0001-Dancing Till Midnight-1316_HuttenbaueW02UE "Dancing Till Midnight" 
©David A. Ziser

This image was captured in my early digital days.  I had just started experimenting around with shooting available light images at the reception.  In the film days,the fastest film we had was Kodak’s Vericolor 800 film.  That was really considered fast.  But now I owned a camera that could have the ISO pushed all the way up to 1600 ISO. Using a lens with a F2.8 aperture I’m thinking, “Wow! This should be cool for some nice available light candids.” I gave it try on this image of the bride and groom dancing their first dance together.  I was shooting with a very wide fisheye lens so I thought I could get by with a slower shutter speed without the motion blur being noticed to much. Well, it worked.  Thankfully the dance floor was also illuminated which gave me the extra light I needed for the exposure.  The reception illumination also put a nice warm glow over the entire image. I like how the image came out and most importantly so did the client.  Camera specs: Fuji FinePix2 fitted with Nikkor 16mm Fisheye lens, F 2.8 @ 1/30 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. I'd be tempted to do just a touch of post-processing on this post. With just a tweak of high-lights on the bride/groom and drop the contrast just a touch from the band.

    I've been able to do this on my daughter's dance recital image: http://mannedspace.my-expressions.com/archives/8045_1510383550/304855

    ReplyDelete